- 3 large potatoes, mostly peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 to 2 cups cooked meat of choice (ground beef, turkey, sausage, soy crumbles)
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
- olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs (or more)
- Place diced potatoes in microwave safe cooking bowl with 1/2 cup of water and microwave on high 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly cooked. Stir halfway through cooking time.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and bell pepper in a bit of of olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and turn the heat to medium high. Add the potatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and continue cooking. Stirring the potatoes and onion until they are a nice golden brown color and cooked all the way through. Reduce heat if the potatoes or onion are getting too brown.
- Add corn and cook another minute or two.
- Remove potato/meat mixture from heat and top with shredded cheese, keep warm. In another skillet, fry eggs to desired cooking style. (Sunny side up, over easy or over hard…)
Serve Cowboy Hash topped with fried eggs, Enjoy!